Friday, September 17, 2010

Adventures in Yarn

It's been a while since I last posted, mostly because I haven't done any cross-stitch lately. Instead, inspired by my friend Laura, I have been perusing Ravelry and obsessively crocheting. Most of my crochet experience has been of the afghan and baby blanket variety, so naturally this time I decided to jump feet first into making a sweater. So far, it even fits!

I'm hoping that it doesn't look too 'homemade' when it's finished. I think the stitching is pretty clean, although the front join of the bodice isn't perfectly straight. I'm thinking of closing up the v-neck another inch or so, as it dips low enough right now that I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable wearing it to work.

The entire piece is supposed to measure 28" from shoulder to bottom, which means that I have about 9" of the tunic skirt left to stitch. I also need to finish the sleeves, which I believe will be about 3/4 length, and will have cuffs that match the waist.

I'm pleased with the color combination, although it's not necessarily one I wear a lot. I guess I was trying to go for something a little outside my norm. It doesn't make my eyes bleed, so that's a plus.

Of course, the real question is...what will I make next? (Besides finishing the cross-stitch!)

2 comments:

  1. It's very, very pretty. I really like it. I think the colors will be marvelous on you, too.

    I also really like the shaping. I think that's a flattering shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the shape is flattering--I've been very happy with the fit so far. Hopefully that won't all go to hell when I finally put on the sleeves!

    ReplyDelete