Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just the two of us...

The question is...is the song stuck in your head now? :)

Haven't been sewing as much as I'd like lately. My back's been tightening up, and I'm dedicated, but I'm not stupid. Still making progress, though.

I did decide to break with the pattern book and sew the 'S' using blue instead of peach. I just really didn't like the idea of three peach letters in a row. I think it turned out fine, and will definitely give a better color distribution to the piece. There actually weren't any blue letters, so that's a nice touch, too.

Only three more letters to go! (Followed by seven numbers, of course.)

2 comments:

  1. Dying laughing because that's been a theme song in our house lately. After RC gets dropped off at Preschool, Ing and I sing it; when we pick him up he sings Just the Three of Us; When M gets home we sing Just the Four of Us...which is a small number considering the oodles of houseguests we've hosted this summer.

    Good call on the blue. You will not regret this choice.

    I think you are progressing very quickly. Isn't it interesting how we always think other people are fast, but that we ourselves are slow? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really am pleased with the blue. The 'Z' and the 'H' will both be yellow, there are two lavender 'A's, two green 'C's, and the peach 'E' and 'U'. A decent balance for a nine-letter name, without there being a rigid pattern to it.

    ReplyDelete