Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ch-ch-changes

...because nothing says cross-stitch like David Bowie.

I've been sick all week, which has actually meant I've made some decent progress on my stitching. Sitting on the couch or in bed creating little Xs on fabric is about the extent of my cognitive ability these days.

I'm pleased with the way it's coming along, although the letter animals do seem significantly smaller on the 18-count versus the 14-count. It's definitely the right choice, given the length of the name, but there is a part of me that rebels at the idea that the size for each sibling won't match.

It turns out that my collection of currently-owned floss colors does not include one that I need for this project, so if you look closely, you can see that the bow on the hippo isn't quite complete. If I ever manage to feel healthy, I will make a Michael's run to pick it up, but for now it will have to stay.

I'm thinking of starting the 'A' next, but my motivation is pretty low right now. Mostly I want to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I love how the finished letters match the title. You are SO title-clever.

    In knitting, smaller stitches mean more opportunity for detail.I think of small stitches as a good thing...is that not so true in cross stitch?

    ReplyDelete