Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Love Comforteth

The picture for Zacchaeus is off to a slow start, mostly because my OCD is showing when it comes to gridding out the design. It would be helpful if I had giant pieces of graph paper, as well as a drafting table that wasn't covered in other stuff (and technically, the drafting table isn't mine). I can't help being a little uptight about the spacing of the design, since I ended up having to restitch at least two of the letters on Alexa's due to misplacement.

In the meantime, I thought I would post one of my older works. This dates from 1998, and despite the complexity, I think I stitched the entire thing in about a month. Clearly I had too much free time when I was doing my engineering co-op at Kimberly-Clark that spring! The design is by Mary Engelbreit, and I was really pleased with the overall result. I have two books full of her designs, of which I think I've completed four. The fifth, intended for me, is one of the aforementioned stuffed-in-a-bag-in-a-closet projects.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that quote. Funny that I don't remember this piece at all though we were obviously friends by then. You really must have sewed it fast, and the whole thing while you were away, if I never saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know that I worked on it while I was at school at all. Looking back, I don't know how I did it in a month!

    ReplyDelete